College of Education

Transfer Students

The College of Education at Idaho State University does not have any requirements in addition to those of the university. The Idaho State University requirements are listed below:

Application Steps

  1. Apply for Admission to Idaho State University. The application form can be completed online.
  2. Pay $40 Nonrefundable Application Fee
  3. Submit a final, official transcript from each college previously attended. Transcripts must be sent directly to the Office of Admission from the Records Office of the previous institution.
  4. If applying in mid-semester while attending elsewhere, submit an in-progress college transcript indicating grades earned through the most recent completed semester.

Please note: Students with less than a 2.0 cumulative transfer GPA for previous college work are required to submit a petition to the Admission Committee

Transfer student transcripts are evaluated by the transcript evaluator in the University Admissions Office for general education equivalencies. After notification of admittance, candidates must complete the online Transfer Fundamentals of Advisement and Registration. Candidates should then make an appointment with an advisor in the College of Education Student Advising Center to discuss any previous education classes they have completed. Candidates might be required to submit petitions for previous coursework.

For additional information, visit the ISU Transfer Student website.

Transfer Students with a Bachelor's Degree

Students with bachelor's degrees from a regionally accredited institution will be considered to have met Idaho State University's General Education Requirements when seeking a second bachelor's degree.

A student may be granted a second bachelor degree after earning a first bachelor degree by meeting the following minimum requirements:

  1. a minimum of 32 hours of department-approved work beyond the accumulated number of credits earned at the time of completion of the first degree;
  2. satisfaction of upper division requirements in the major field as recommended by the department in which the second degree is to be granted;
  3. satisfaction of lower division courses required by the department beyond the general education requirements fulfilled by the first degree.

If a transfer student already has a bachelor degree and is seeking admittance into the College of Education, they need to submit a Transcript Evaluation Form.

Certification programs are also available for transfer students who already have a bachelor degree but who are seeking additional certification.

Contact Information

Jamie Webster
Advising Coordinator, Undergraduate Advising Center
Phone: (208) 282-2783

Last Update: 6/16/2014 Senzo

Idaho State University College of Education 921 South 8th Avenue, Stop 8059 Pocatello, Idaho, USA 83209 • (208) 282-2783 • ISU Cares