Grants and Contracts in 2014
Grants and Contracts in 2013
Grants and Contracts in 2012
Presentations in 2014
Presentations in 2013
Presentations in 2012
Publications in 2014
Publications in 2013
Publications in 2012
Peer Reviewed Publications
- Keengwe, J., & Agamba, J. (2012). Course management systems integration into course instruction. International Journal of Information & Communication Technology Education (IJICTE), 8(2).
- Appleby, K. M., Dieffenbach, K., & Peterson, T. (2012). Demographic characteristics and motivational patterns of masters level competitive cyclists. Athletic Insight: The Online Journal of Sport Psychology, 4(3), 199-218.
- Bennett, C. A. (2012). Using tiered explorations to promote reasoning. Mathematics Teaching in the Middle School, 18(3), 166-173.
- Coffland, D. (2012). Closing in on proof. Teaching Mathematics in the Middle School, 17(8) 494-500.
- Faure, C. E., & Kaiserman, M. (2013–in press). Butting heads: Confronting concussion head on through legislative action. Applied Research in Athletics and Coaching Annual.
- Farnsworth, T., Frantz, A., & McCune, R. (2012). Community-based distributive medical education: Advantaging society. Medical Education Online. Available from: http://med-ed-online.net/index.php/meo/article/view/8432.
- Gauthier, H. (2012). A model for career development in recreational sports. Applied Research in Recreation Annual, 2.
- Green, C. (2012). Listening to children: Exploring intuitive strategies and interactive methods in a study of children’s special places. International Journal of Early Childhood, 44(3), 269-285.
- Hooley, D., Tysseling, L., & Ray, B. (2013-in press). High school seniors’ perceptions of class reading. The High School Journal.
- Jenkins, S.J., & Agamba, J. (2012 – in press). The Missing Link in the CCSS initiative: Professional Development for Implementation. Academy of Educational Leadership Journal.
- Moffit, D.M., Sitler, M.R., Swanik, C.B., Russ, A., Tierney, R., & Sachs, M.L. (2012). Gender and menstrual cycle influences on dynamic restraint during an acoustic startle. Temple University Journal of Orthopedic Surgery & Sports Medicine, 7, 77-83.
- Ntuli, E., & Traore, M. (2013 - in press). Inclusion in early childhood education: A case study of Ghanaian early childhood teacher’s perception about inclusive education. Journal of the International Association of Special Education (JIASE).
- Ntuli, E., & Kyei-Blankson, L. (2012). Teacher assessment of young children learning with technology in early childhood education. International Journal of Information Communication and Technology Education 8(4), 1-10.
- Powell, A., & Ray, B. (2012). Supporting mathematics for young children through technology. In S. Blake, D. Winsor, & L. Allen (Eds.) Child Development and the Use of Technology: Perspectives, Applications and Experiences. (pp. 146-168) Hershey, PA: IGI Global.
- Ray, B. B., Faure, C., & Kelle, J. F. (2013 - in press). Using social impact games (SIGs) to support constructivist learning: Creating a foundation for effective use in secondary social studies education. American Secondary Education.
- Sanger, M., & Osguthorpe, R. (2012 - in press). Teacher education, preservice teacher beliefs, and the moral work of teaching. Teaching and Teacher Education.
- Sanger, M., & Osguthorpe, R. (2012 - in press). The moral vacuum in teacher education. National Society for the Study of Education Yearbook.
- Sanger, M., & Osguthorpe, R. (2013). Modeling as moral education: documenting, analyzing, and addressing a central belief of teacher candidates. Teaching and Teacher Education, 29, 167-176.
- Sanger, M. (2012). The schizophrenia of contemporary education. Curriculum Inquiry, 42(2), 285-307.
- Thoma, C.A., Gentry, R., Boyd, K., & Streagle, K. (2013). Academic assessment. In Thoma, C.A., & Tamura, R. (Ed.), Demystifying transition assessment (p. 19). Baltimore, MD: Paul H. Brookes.
- Strickland, J., & Xie, Y. (2012) Cooperating or collaborating: Design considerations of employing Wikis to engage college-level students. In C. Wankel & P. Blessinger (Eds) Increasing Student Engagement and Retention Using Online Learning Activities (Cutting-edge Technologies In Higher Education, Volume 6) (pp. 17-45). Bingley, England: Emerald Group Publishing Limited.
- Adams, R. H., & Strickland, J. (2011-2012). The effects of computer-assisted feedback strategies in technology education: A comparison of learning outcomes. Journal of Educational Technology Systems, 40(2), 211-223.
- Enos, M., & Thomas, G.J. (2012). Achievement of business English students who are older than traditional college population. Journal of Adult Education (published by Mountain Plains Adult Education Association).
- Xie, Y., Coffland, D. & Yang, F. (2012). Effects of Narrated Heuristic Feedback and Gender on College Students’ Calculus Problem Solving Performance. Journal of Computers in Mathematics and Science Teaching. 31(3), 311-330.
Publications - Other
- Schnellert, G., Keengwe, J., & Agamba, J. (2012). Integrating active learning into instruction to support digital natives. Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference (SITE) 2012:1.
- Silvers, J., & Appleby, K. M. (2013). Mental training for track and field. Techniques for Track and Field and Cross Country, 6(3), 42-47.
- Lyons, G. G. (2012). Wrestling drills for the mat and the mind. Book Review in Journal of Applied Research in Coaching and Athletics Annual. Boston: American Press.
- Miller, D. (2012) Measurement by the physical educator: Why and How, 6e. Review of Chapters 2, 11, ND 106.
- Ray, B. B. (2013). Foreword. In J. Keengwe (Ed.), Research Perspectives and best practices in Educational Technology. Hershey, PA: IGI Global.
- Ray, B. B., Jacobsen, B., & Ray, G. (2012). Perceptions of preservice teachers of video games as learning tools. Proceedings of the Society for Instructional Technology and Education.
- Watters, R. (2012). Down in the trenches . . . snow trenches that is. Cross Country Skier: Journal of Nordic Skiing, 31(3), 16-20.
- Watters, R. (2012). Sherlock Holmes and the davos ski mystery: Part 1. Cross Country Skier: Journal of Nordic Skiing, 32(1), 14-19.
- Xie, Y., & Coffland, D. (2012). Visualization of students’ knowledge co-construction process on Wikis. In T. Amiel & B. Wilson (Eds.), Proceedings of World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia and Telecommunications 2012 (pp. 1039-1047). Chesapeake, VA: AACE.
- Lin, S. & Xie, Y. (2013). Effect of tagcloud-anchored discussion on pre-service teachers' knowledge construction. Presentation at 2013 AERA Annual Conference. San Francisco, CA
- Xie, Y. (2012). Effects of Structure in Wiki Template on Holistic and Analytic Students’ Learning Outcome and Knowledge Construction Pattern. Presentation at 2012 AERA Annual Conference. Vancouver, CA
- Xie, Y. & Sammons-Lohse, D. (2012). Students’ Use of a Blogging-Mapping Tool in a Graduate Class: A Collective Case Study. In T. Amiel & B. Wilson (Eds.), Proceedings of World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia and Telecommunications 2012 (pp. 507-511). Chesapeake, VA: AACE.
- Xie, Y. & Coffland, D. (2012). Visualization of Students’ Knowledge Construction Patterns on Wikis. In T. Amiel & B. Wilson (Eds.), Proceedings of World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia and Telecommunications 2012 (pp. 1039-1047). Chesapeake, VA: AACE.
- Yeh. K, Xie, Y. & Ke. F. (2011). Teaching Computational Thinking to Non-computing Majors Using Spreadsheet Function. Proceedings of 41 st ASEE/IEEE Frontiers in Education Conference. Rapid City, SD
- Appleby, K. M., Dieffenbach, K., & Peterson, T. (2013-in press). Demographic characteristics and motivational patterns of masters level competitive cyclists. In R. Schinke (Ed.). Athletic Insight’s Writings of 2012. Hauppauge, NY: Nova Science Publishers.
- Ntuli, E., & Kyei-Blankson, L. (2013-in press). Teacher assessment in technology-integrated early childhood classrooms. Handbook of Research on Teaching and Learning in K-20 Education.
- Thoma, C. A., Gentry, R., Boyd, K., & Streagle, K. (2012 - in press). Academic assessment: Practices to document student progress in meeting academic standards and graduation requirements. In C.A. Thoma & R. Tamura (Eds.). Demystifying transition assessment. Baltimore: Paul H. Brookes.
- Strickland, J. & Xie, Y. (2013). Cooperating or collaborating: Design considerations of employing Wikis to engage college-level learners. In Charles Wankel and Patrick Blessinger (Eds). Increasing Learner Engagement through Cutting-edge Technologies.
- Kim, S. & Xie, Y. (2013). Designing assessments of differentiated instruction using social media applications . In K.K. Seo (Eds). Using Social Media Effectively in the Classroom. Routledge, Taylor and Francis. pp169-189
- Xie, Y. & Kim, S. (2012). A Design Model of Harnessing Wiki for Collaborative Problem-Based Instruction in Higher Education. In K.K. Seo, D.A. Pellegrino, & C. Engelhard (Eds). Designing Problem-Driven Instruction Using Online Social Media. Information Age Publishing. pp67-86
- Bennett, C. A. (P-I), & Ruchti, W. (Co-PI); Investigating early adolescent’s self-efficacy in mathematics and science: Advancing science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) Education, Idaho State University College of Education Dean’s Grant. (2012)
- Faure, C. Center for Sports Concussion – ImPACT neurocognitive concussion testing software license for Gate City Youth Soccer Association Testing, Portneuf Medical Center. (2013)
- Faure, C. Center for Sports Concussion – continued operations – East Idaho educational materials, Idaho Community Foundation. (2012)
- Faure, C. Center for Sports Concussion – printed materials and distribution, Portneuf Medical Center. (2012)
- Green, C., Ntuli, E., & Fleischman, M. Cyber-enabled climate change curriculum and education materials development for middle and high school students, National Science Foundation Idaho EPSCoR Award # EPS-0919514 (please refer to http://www.idahoepscor.org/ under “Successes”). (2012)
- Jacobsen, B. Adobe Worldwide Education, Adobe TV, The Creative Teacher. (2012)
- Jenkins, S., & Agamba, J. Dell, Inc. and Idaho TIA Technology Infrastructure, Dell, Inc. (2012)
- Jenkins, S, & Agamba, J. Graduate Student Conference Travel, Idaho State University Graduate School. (2012)
- Jenkins, S. FCS Allocation. College of Technology PTE Grant, Idaho State University Department of Professional Technical Education. (2012)
- Jenkins, S., & Haskell, J. International Economic Fall Summit, Idaho Council on Economic Education. (2012)
- Jenkins, S., & Haskell, J. International Economic Spring Summit, Idaho Council on Economic Education. (2012).
- Lin, Shu-Yuan. Research travel award, Office of Research, Idaho State University. (2012)
- Moffit, D., & Mansell, J. National Athletic Trainers Association Ethnic Diversity Advisory Committee Grant. (2012)
- Neill, M. W., Sanders, S., & Thomas, G. J. Principal Evaluation Study, Idaho Department of Education Professional Standards Commission Grant, Boise, ID. (2012)
- Ray, B. B. Travel Grant, Idaho State University Office of Research. (2013)
- Ray, B.B. Travel Grant, Idaho State University Office of Research. (2012)
- Shropshire, S., (PI), & Ruchti, W.P. (co-PI). AAPT/PTRA professional development for Eastern Idaho elementary teachers, Idaho State Department of Education, Math-Science Partnership Grant. (2011-2012)
- Thomas, G. J. Malad Elementary School 4th grade to re-enact pioneer experiences as part of Idaho history curriculum, Idaho Humanities Council. (2012)
- Thomas, G. J. Science DVD series for Malad Elementary, Idaho Community Foundation School. (2012)
- Thomas, G. J. Running program for Malad Middle School, ING National Association for Sport and Physical Education. (2012)
- Thomas, G. J. Lights for crosswalks around Malad Elementary School, Idaho Department of Transportation/Safe Routes to School. (2012).
- Thomas, G. J. Dessert and a Book for Malad Elementary School After-School Program, Target Foundation. (2012)
- Thomas G. J. 6th grade science materials for Malad Middle School, Idaho National Laboratory. (2012)
- Zimmerly, C., (PI), Ruchti, W., (CO-PI) & Bennett, C. (CO-PI). SAHE Common Core Implementation, Idaho State Board of Education. (2012)
- Ray, B., & Lin, S-Y. COE Grow Your Own Scholarship Program, Idaho State Board of Education. (2012-2013)