Student Teaching Criteria
Criteria for Enrollment in Student Teaching Internship
The following courses are available for the student teaching internship:
EDUC 4492 (Music), 4494 (Elementary), or 4496 (Secondary), SPED 4495 (Special Education).
Students must meet the following criteria for enrollment in a student teaching internship:
- Admission to a teacher education program.
- Completion of all program requirements unless specifically approved by petition
- Completion of at least 67% of the professional education core credits required by the program from Idaho State University
- A 2.75 grade point average overall including all transfer credits or credits earned in a previous degree program.
- A 2.75 grade point average in the professional education core including all transfer credits or credits earned in a previous degree program with a grade of "C" [2.0] or higher in all courses used for the professional education core.
- A grade point average of 2.5 or higher in all courses in the Required Elementary Education Courses for the Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education and all Required Secondary Education Courses for the Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science in Secondary Education. A grade point average of 3.0 in all Required Special Education Courses for the Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science in Human Exceptionality and no more than one grade of C [2.0] or lower.
- A 2.50 grade point average in the teaching major and minor (secondary) or emphasis area (elementary) including all transfer credits or credits earned in a previous degree program.
- A grade of "C" [2.0] or higher in ENGL 1102 (Critical Reading and Writing) or College of Education-approved equivalent course.
- Successful completion of the Praxis II Content Test(s) in each area being recommended for certification; the qualifying scores for both the Praxis II and ICLA must be met prior to graduation.
- For elementary education, human exceptionality (special education), and early childhood education candidates, applicants must demonstrate successful completion of at least two of the three standards tests of the Idaho Comprehensive Literacy Assessment (the qualifying scores for all three tests must be met prior to graduation). More information about the ICLA exams is available here.
For more specific information concerning Student Teaching, please contact: